MCHIG was created for students to have a space to discuss MCH related topics and issues, and get involved with community service. Any UMN student with an interest in MCH is welcome to join! If you’re interested in joining the student group or have any questions, please email us at mch @ umn.edu.
Want to access our constitution and/or our MCHIG organization information? Visit our student page on Gopherlink.
Want to share MCHIG with someone else? Use our MCH Student Group Flyer!
What is Maternal and Child Health (MCH)?
MCH is multifaceted. Read on to learn what students, professionals, alumni, and faculty have to say about MCH:
- Check out this awesome video one our former officers, May Seo (MPH ’20), created to promote MCH!
- MCH students are doing amazing things! Read short Student Spotlights to learn about their diverse interests, skills, reflections, passions, and more.
- You can also visit the national MCH Trainee Blog, which highlights the work of MCH students across the nation and demonstrates how they’re actively building their MCH Leadership Competencies.
- Watch one of these two MCH professional panels about how MCH alumni are improving public health and working with MCH populations at the local, state, national, and global levels.
- This post on MCH from the former MCH Program Chair reflects a professional approach and a way of thinking about public health.
Contact us if you or your student group wants to know more!
MCHIG meets monthly. Check back for more info about our 2020-2021 meetings (announced September 2020).
Contact: mch @ umn.edu